Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Aerial Hoop Report

Our Day 2 workshop teacher was Sarah Jarvis. Sarah grew up singing, dancing, and performing with her family. She has traveled to many US cities and other countries to perform. Sarah also competed in gymnastics for many years in her youth.  As an adult and mom, gymnastics was a little too hard on the body so she found the aerial arts community and fell in love with aerial fitness! She is currently working as a Registered Nurse and being a mom. She loves the theater and attends as many shows every year as she can. Her favorite show for this year was.......HAMILTON!

Hannah wrote down her thoughts about this workshop:

For workshop we did aerial hoops.  I found out how to get up on the hoop and how to hang in front or behind and be spun.  After, I tried to attempt to hang by my toes.  I'm glad I am going to do the aerial hoops in the play.


Savvy adds:
I got to try something new.  I found the aerial hoop challenging.  The teacher showed us so many cool things.  It is so exciting to have this in our show.

Max O says, "It was very fun, and I learned a lot about doing aerial stuff.  I hope I can do hoop something in a play."

From Edlena:
In aerial hoop I learned a few things.  First, I learned some exercises to stretch my spine.  Second, I learned that in order to do aerial hoop you must have the body strength to hold yourself up.  Last, I learned that safety is the most important part of aerial hoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment