1) Deadline for shoes - students should wear the dance shoes at auditions.
2)There will NOT be a group shoe order; it is just to hard to get all the sizing right. Please handle your shoe needs individually.
3) Recommendations for local shoe vendors:
- Onstage Dancewear (in Carriage Square, approx 4100 S and Redwood) gives a 15% discount and has some discounted jazz shoes in stock. See Andrea's facebook live videos for more detail
- Wright Costumes (State Street) has a wide selection but no discount
- Pat's Dancewear (Bountiful) has many brands
4) If you plan to purchase online, do it soon so you have time to handle any sizing issues.
5) Shoe exchange: join the Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1903589989685551/) if you have shoes to exchange. You set the terms (buy, sell, rent, trade, lend, etc). I don't really plan to facilitate those exchanges beyond providing the online space.
6) Tap shoes: don't stress that yet.
To help you prepare for your non-EYT theatrical experience, EYT is standardizing the shoe requirements.
This could make a great Christmas present for your EYT student!
All FULL DAY students will need to own black character shoes.
All HALF DAY students will need a split-soled jazz shoe (leather or faux leather).
We will also host a shoe exchange for those who own (but have outgrown) dance shoes.
Hopefully this new policy will reduce stress to students, parents, and production staff!