First things first - the dates for priority and general registration!
The priority registration window will be from April 1st to April 15th. This registration window is for returning EYT students or the siblings of current/former students. Be prepared to pay either a $15 registration fee or the full $100 (full day) or $75 (half day) tuition at that time.
General registration will begin at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 23rd and will remain open until the 72 available registration spots have been filled. I do not anticipate this window being very long this year, so make sure your friends and neighbors who are hoping to get in have this date and time in mind! These new students should also be prepared to pay either a $15 registration fee or the full $100 (full day) or $75 (half day) tuition at that time.
In addition to all of that, I am very excited to announce two brand new application forms this year (and there are a few more to come)!
HALF-DAY LEADER APPLICATION:
The Empress Youth Theatre program strives not only to provide education and opportunities for youth in theatre but also to provide opportunities for young adults to grow into leadership positions in their local communities. The Empress Youth Theatre program is currently looking for four qualified young adults (ages 18 to 25) who want to give back to the youth theatre community while gaining this leadership experience.
"Half-Day Leaders" are responsible for a group of 10 elementary school children during the Empress Youth Theatre summer workshop experience (M-F July 11-29). Half-Day Leaders spend 4 hours a day at the theater (8:30 am to 12:30 pm) providing the following for their summer workshop group:
1. Friendly guidance throughout the workshop experience
2. Choreography and vocal support, reviewing scenes and songs per the Director
3. Supervision during educational workshops, arrival, and dismissal
The position of "Half-Day Leader" is a volunteer position. However, half-day leaders will receive a show t-shirt and two complimentary tickets to the production.
YOUTH COUNCIL APPLICATION:
The Empress Youth Theatre program strives not only to provide education and opportunities for youth in theatre but also to provide opportunities for teenagers to grow into leadership positions in their local communities. The Empress Youth Theatre program is currently looking for seven hard-working high school students who want to give back to the youth theatre community while gaining this leadership experience.
Youth Council members are responsible for aiding the EYT Program Staff, Production Staff, and Parent Volunteer Committee in accomplishing a variety of tasks leading up to the summer workshop series. Youth Council members are expected to be enrolled in the summer program.
Council positions include:
1. President - works directly with with program coordinator (Andrea Fife)
- organizational tasks regarding enrollment, auditions, workshop materials, etc
2. Production Assistant - works directly with the director (Jacqueline Vuki)
- organizational and creative tasks regarding costume, set, and technical elements
3. Volunteer Liaison - works directly with the parent volunteer committee head (to be determined)
- organizational tasks related to volunteer opportunities such as ushering and building cleaning
4. Educational Outreach - works directly with workshop coordinator (Jamie Victor)
- public relations tasks related to greeting and hosting workshop instructors
5. Half-Day Ambassador - works directly with Half-Day Leaders (to be determined)
- public relations tasks related to befriending and recognizing half-day EYT students
6. Publicity Chairperson - works directly with producer (Andrea Fife)
- organizational and creative tasks related to social media updates and ticket sales
7. Social Coordinator - works directly with program coordinator (Andrea Fife)
- organizational, creative, and public relations tasks related to organizing and hosting parties and events
All positions on the Youth Council are volunteer positions.