Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 12 and 13

We've hit the last leg of this crazy race, and I'm getting reluctant to cross the finish line.  I can tell it is almost time, though, because I am running out of nit-picky notes to give as the cast just keeps getting better and better!

Yesterday's workshop was taught by Shawn Maxfield, the Artistic Director at the Empress Theatre.  Technically, the workshop was about theatre etiquette and about superstitions.  But I think both of those boil down to simple respect.  We talked about "The Scottish Play" and "break a leg," two of the most important superstitions in theatre but also touched on the more bizarre, like always leaving the dressing room with the left foot.

Today, our technical director, Lee, came in and showed us the inner workings of the technical aspects of a show.  We learned how to care for the microphones as well as the importance of the sound and lighting cues in a show.  My favorite quote of the day: "It was only a minor stabbing..."




Tomorrow is a whole new ballgame, though, as we add props, costumes, and tech into this crazy mix.  I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say thanks for this blog!!! I've really enjoyed finding out what they are doing every day and seeing the pics and videos. Thanks for a wonderful camp!!!

    ReplyDelete