DRESSING ROOM ASSIGNMENTS:
- Without the specific permission of the backstage manager, you should NEVER enter any dressing room other than the one to which you have been assigned.
- Each student has been assigned a specific area of the dressing room. Personal items and costume items should be confined to this area. Your individual area should be cleaned before you leave the theater after each rehearsal and performance.
- You must check out with the backstage manager before leaving at the end of the night.
- Suggested underclothing for the dressing room includes biker/compression shorts for both boys and girls and a tank top/camisole/leotard for girls.
- Underclothing should not be visible when you are in costume. Consider strap color and placement when choosing which items to wear under your costume.
CONVERSATION AND MUSIC:
- Conversations in the dressing room need to show respect and consideration for others in the room. Avoid gossip, profanity, innuendo, or language which in any way degrades or devalues others.
- Conversations that must happen backstage should take place in the dressing rooms, since the doors close and prevent the noise from reaching the audience. However, please keep dressing room conversation as quiet as possible.
- Be considerate of your use of music in dressing room, whether you are playing music or singing it yourself. Ask those in your area if they mind the noise. Make these types of decisions together as a dressing room.
- Please shower within 24 hours of each performance and wear appropriate amounts of deodorant or antiperspirant.
- Avoid use of colognes, perfumes, and oils as others may be sensitive to strong aromas.
- In general, costumes should be returned immediately to their hangers and hung on the provided clothing rod. In the event of a fast change, you may lay your costume on the back of a chair until you are able to hang it up. Do not ever crumple your costume or put your costume on the floor.
FOOD AND DRINK:
- Unless you have specific health-related dietary need, there is no need to eat during the show. Food will not be permitted in the dressing rooms, nor is it permissible to eat once you are in costume.
- Water is the only allowed drink in the dressing rooms and must be in a container with a lid.
REPORTING DRESSING ROOM ISSUES:
- Any dressing room concerns should be reported immediately to the backstage manager.